For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, we decided to do an topic we’ve never got to do before. This week we decided to think of book trends we’d like to see more or less of which totally coincides with Kelly’s recent ranting on a panel.
– Independent female MCs without love interests/ chooses neither love interest
– Supportive friendships
– Diversity in Fantasy, especially as the MC
– More high fantasy with original creatures (too much fae, angels, vampires, werewolves.. etc)- Paranormal Ghost stories (ie. The Haunting of a Sunshine Girl)
– Princesses (royalty, damsel in distress, destined to save the world, etc)
– “Strong” sassy highly skilled female assassin/warrior: Don’t get us wrong we love a good badass female as much as the next person, but it’s being over done. Why cant she be independent and strong willed and book smart?
– “Chosen Ones”/ “Special Snowflake”
– Insta loves and love triangles
What book trends would you like to see more or less of?