hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
It’s time for a Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! This week we’re given the chance to go back and pick from any topic we might have missed in the past 6 years! Which for us is a lot! We had a tough time narrowing it down, but couldn’t resist this one!
- Peeta from The Hunger Games – Come on! Really? A play on Pita bread is the best you could come up with?
- Four from Divergent – Shame on you Tobias Eaton! You had a chance to rename yourself and you picked a number. We get the reasoning behind it but… *SMH*
- Renesmee from Breaking Dawn – Yeaahhh… NO
- Lester Papadopoulos from Trials of Apollo – Yeah that’s what happens when you royally piss off the King of the gods.
- Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door – Even though this is Melissa’s favorite in the trilogy, she really wishes that wasn’t his name.
- Albus Severus from Harry Potter – We completely understand the touching decision and reason behind this, but it’s a bad combination in our opinion.Since we’re on the subject of Harry Potter….
- Crabbe, Goyle, and Mudungus Fletcher -Perfect evidence that your parents don’t like you.
- Princess Eadlyn from The Heir – Eadlyn… EEEDLINN… What in the world kind of name is this?! I feel like E.T. Seriously, “EEEEEEDLINNN PHONE HOME!”
- Wilhelmina & Tobiah from The Orphan Queen – Of course Wilhelmina’s nickname is really Wil, but Wilhelmina is the biggest mouthful of a name. It literally just looks like someone decided to combine William, Helena, and Mina all into one scrambled mess. And don’t even get me started on Tobiah. You’re not as good as Tobias Eaton… You fail by one letter.
- Ponyboy from The Outsiders – Ponyboy? Seriously? There really is no good reason for this name. “Stay gold, Ponyboy! Let me go ride off into the sunset on a pony-” wait… that’s not right…
- Eustace Clarence Scrubb from the Narnia series – Just, what? The poor soul who has the name Eustace… *moment of silence*
- Mare Barrow from The Red Queen – *neighhhhhh*
- Pasha & Vika from The Crown’s Game – It’s not a very princely name and just no. Seriously, Pasha kind of sounds like a female name to me. Am I the only one?
- Katniss from The Hunger Games – Yes we know she’s named after a plant, but still, what kind of name is Cat-niss?! *meoowwww hisssss*
- Luce from Fallen – It’s a terrible nickname for Lucinda. It kind of reminds me of Lucifer… Maybe that’s a sign…
- Darrow from Red Rising – It’s just arrow with a D. Maybe Barrow, Carrow, Farrow, Bone Marrow? Nope, still not working.
- Clary from The Mortal Instruments – First of all, Clarissa is just a bad name. Don’t name your children Clarissa. Secondly, Clary just reminds me of a clarinet. What am I supposed to do with a clarinet?! Stupid. *throws Clary the clarinet across the room*
- Caymen from The Distance Between Us – Loved the book just wasn’t feeling it. Too similar to Cayman Islands.
- Sloane from Since You’ve Been Gone – Something about this name just didn’t sit well with Melissa even though she LOVES the book and Morgan! However, Kelly is in love with this name.
- Sinjin St. Sinjin from Beauty Queens – The worst of the worst we believe. Seriously, this is the name of a pirate in a book written as a parody. There’s a reason this name is so bad.
Okay we may have gotten carried away with these here… Is there any character we missed? What are your thoughts about these unfortunate character names?