This week’s Top Ten Tuesday we picked the topic for 10 Reasons We Love _________. We decided to express our love for independent bookstores!
- Many indie bookstores have a great atmosphere and some are even housed it a cool building with that old charm feel. They’re always more intimate than chain stores.
- They are more decorative with fun bookish things hanging up. Especially the stores with a window display, we love seeing it change throughout the year.
- Not as crowded and more places to sit down
- Uhm what chain bookstore can you find a pet mascot? None! We love visiting stores who have a cat or a dog as their store mascot!
- You’ll find they have more novelty and local trinkets in the store than chain stores. It’s always and adventure when you visit a local bookstore.
- You can catch up on whats happening around town.
- Love local author signings!
- Booksellers at indie booksellers are way more enthusiastic and knowledgeable about books. They really want to be there and help make recommendations.
- No chain store would have a used book section or discounted books.
- Some will also do trade accounts with you, letting you trade book for book or give a good discount. Or they’ll buy back books and give you store credit.
Shout outs to our favorite indie bookstores!
What do you guys love about independent bookstores? Let us know in the comments below!!